VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
- James makes his return to racing with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports in the #5 Arrow Electronics Honda powered IndyCar
- Secures Pole position for the 100th running of the Indy 500 – James’ first IndyCar pole and his big “comeback” after the 2015 Indy 500 Qualifying accident that left him with serious injuries
- 3rd place at the Honda Indy Toronto – his first podium in his home town
- 2nd Texas Motorspeedway after leading the race since it was rained out in June. 2nd to Graham Rahal by 0.008 of a second. The closest margin of victory in the Texas Motor Speedway history and 5th closest in IndyCar. WATCH THE TOP 10 CLOSEST INDYCAR FINISHES
- Took his 4th IndyCar victory at the inaugural Grand Prix of New Orleans
- Sidelined for the rest of the season after a crash and serious injuries practicing for the Indy 500
- Joins Andretti Autosport for another term with United Fibre & Data (@UnitedFD)
- Races in Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 8 Top 10 finishes
- Brought home first win in the season opener at St. Petersburg
- Quickly followed with an “edge of your seat ” win in Brazil
- Showed off oval skills at the Iowa Corn Indy dominating the race and taking home his 3rd win of 2013
- Finished eighth overall in the Izod IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Autosport
- Closed season with third and forth place finishes at Houston and Auto Club Speedway
- Led 5 races for total of 264 laps
- Was running at the finish in 14 races
- Scores first IndyCar Series Podium Finishes at Long Beach (3rd) and Milwaukee (3rd)
- Qualified on the front-row of the Indy 500 in May (2nd) in just second start at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Finished sixth at the Indy 500 – led the prestigious race in the opening stages
- Claimed a front-row start at Barber Motorsports Park (2nd) in just his second race for Andretti Autosport
- 8 Top-6 Race Finishes / 8 Top-6 Qualifying Starts8th in the IndyCar Series Driver Standings
- Voted ‘Favorite Driver of the Year’ by IndyCar Series Fans
- First start: April 10, 2011 (Barber Motorsports Park) with Newman/Haas Racing
- Finished 4th in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- Posted a top 10 finish (9th) in the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300
- First start in the Centennial Indianapolis 500
- 2011 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
ROAD TO IZOD INDYCAR SERIES
- Finished second in Firestone Indy Lights championship for Team Moore Racing with three wins (Long Beach, Edmonton and Chicagoland).
- Had series-best four pole positions (St. Petersburg, Long Beach, Watkins Glen and Edmonton).
- Had 10 top-five finishes and 12 top-10 finishes in 13 starts.
- Won Greg Moore Legacy Award as Firestone Indy Lights’ rising star.
- Finished fifth in Firestone Indy Lights for Sam Schmidt Motorsports with best finish of second at Mid-Ohio.
- Recorded five podium finishes, six top-five and 10 top-10 finishes in 15 starts.
- Finished fourth in the Atlantic Championship for Forsythe/Pettit Racing with a win at Laguna Seca, two poles and four podium finishes.
- Finished fourth in the Atlantic Championship for Sierra Sierra Enterprises. Earned three pole positions, six top-five results and nine top-10 results in 12 races.
- Competed for Team Canada in the A1 Grand Prix series.2006: Enjoyed a strong rookie season in the Atlantic Championship with Forsythe Championship Racing.
- Scored three podium results, including third at Long Beach, his first series victory at Portland and a third-place run at Montreal, where he also captured his first Atlantic pole.
- Finished third in Star Mazda with three victories, three poles and six podium results.
- Finished the season ranked second among all rookies.
- Earned Formula BMW USA Rookie of the Year honors after scoring three wins, four poles and 10 podium finishes.
- Earned Atlantic test with Polestar Racing Group at Sebring.
- Earned five wins, four poles and 11 podium results while finishing third in the Bridgestone Racing Academy F2000 series.
- Captured the TKC Junior Rotax Class Karting Championship with seven wins in seven starts in 2002… arned Junior Rotax Canada Cup title and won TKC Winter Series Championship in 2002…Competed in several regional and national karting series and championships throughout the United States and Canada.